Confronting clutter is not just about getting rid of stuff. It’s about determining honestly what’s no longer helpful to you, then finding ways to let it go and make room for what matters.
What Is Clutter?
Clutter is anything that drains your energy, gets in your way, distracts from what’s important, or has no place in your home or life. Stacks of paper, unproductive thinking, stuck feelings, and time-wasting activities can take up space that could be better used for other things.
I can help you confront clutter in any of the following ways:
My Book, Confronting Your Clutter:
This book of essays and exercises is designed to help you release the excess baggage from your home, head, heart and schedule. It gently invites you to take a closer look at clutter, prepare for change, gather support, get out of your own way, learn to let go, and find new ways to navigate time.
Clutter-clearing puts you face-to-face with past baggage. It can be overwhelming. But I believe it can also be transformational. It can make all the difference to have someone who will be a touchstone along the way, regularly supporting you in articulating what you want, and in finding your best ways to make space for what matters.
As a clutter coach I provide:
- In-person, phone or Skype support, usually through two, one-hour coaching sessions per month.
- Weekly journal support to help you stay on track with your process.
- Tools and processes to help you to access your own wisdom to navigate clutter-clearing in a way that works for you.
- Inspirations including music, art, poetry, videos, and guided meditations.
- Time-tested processes for decision-making.
- A belief in your capability to make needed changes.
- A belief in the transformational process of releasing what no longer fits you or your life.
- Questions and observation to help you articulate what is trying to emerge in your life.
- A compassionate, creative, approach.
I offer a free, 20-minute consultation, in person or by phone or Skype, to determine whether my coaching is the kind of support you are looking for. I also work with coaching clients on creating a better relationship with time, navigating life transitions, and engaging with life more creatively.
New! A Gentle Approach to Clearing Clutter is an alternative way for me to coach you through a progression of concepts and practices to help your process be more enjoyable and effective.
Upcoming Clutter Classes and Workshops
Clearing Clutter for the New Year
January 12 from 2-3PM
Free, one-hour workshop at South Whatcom Public Library, Sudden Valley, Bellingham, WA
A Gentle Approach to Clearing Clutter
A Self-Paced, Coached, Online Course available when you’re ready to start and designed to take between one and two months to complete.